Southwest Agroforestry Action Network
2nd Annual Conference
Agroforestry in the Southwest, It’s Growing!
|Southwest Agroforestry Challenges and Best Practice Solutions
Register before the end of the year for special, early-bird prices!
WHEN: May 10-12, 2022
WHERE: Moab, Utah
WHO IS SWAAN?
The Southwest Agroforestry Action Network (SWAAN) mission: Helping people integrate trees, crops, and animals to regenerate Southwest landscapes. SWAAN’s scope of interest is forest-agricultural activities on tribal, state, federal, county, municipal and private lands in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.
This is a two-day conference. Additionally, We have included an informal gathering on the arrival evening of the 9th and a business meeting on the 12th after the conference closes.
Tuesday, May 10
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Presentations (Lunch Included)
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Poster Presentations and Dinner
Location for the Tuesday sessions is TBD
Wednesday, May 11
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Field Trips (Lunch Included)
Buses will load for the field trip that are TBD.
Thursday, May 12
- 9:00 am - Noon, SWAAN Annual Business Meeting: RSVP Requested
Location for the Business Meeting is TBD
Conference participants are invited to attend
FULL AGENDA AND MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
- Agricultural producers, Tribes, ranchers, community gardeners and orchardists, permaculturists, water harvesters, and others who produce food for themselves;
- Representatives of government agencies, cooperative extension, universities, and nonprofit organizations who support sustainable solutions for agriculture, forestry, and communities through their programs; and
- People interested in community food forests and forest-agricultural activities including alley cropping, forest farming, riparian forest buffers, silvopasture, windbreaks, and shelterbelts.
Are you interested in speaking or presenting a poster? Let us know at this link:
Special-Rate Conference hotel is SpringHill Suites Moab.
Our negotiated block rate for the conference includes queen suites for $209 at the Springhill and $199 for the Fairfield. Book through this link to receive the discounted rate: Book Hotel Now.
For more info on the hotel and venue, click here.
For additional information about the conference, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org