ARIZONA COMMUNITY TREE COUNCIL, INC.
REGISTER FOR AN EVENT | CALENDAR | ACTC STORE | CONTACT US | LOG IN
Position: Landscape & Trails Superintendent
Duties: The purpose of this position is to support the development and implementation of best management practices in landscape maintenance of City property, streetscapes and trail corridors. Develop programs for management and landscape maintenance contract administration including accountability measures, safety standards and innovative environmental procedures.
Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates staff; manages safety concerns, and ensures city and department goals, policies and objectives are followed. Schedules and assigns tasks in supervising staff workflow processes to measure performance and efficiency outcomes. Assists with complex problem situations, resolves customer service issues, manages expenditures, monitors resources, prepares and delivers presentations of budgeting and forecasting.
Interprets data and documents, researches trends, recommends projects, reviews plans, consults with internal and external departments and agencies in the management or assistance with landscape and trail construction projects.
Salary: Salary Range: $66,756 - $98,628
Hiring Range: $66,756 - $82,692
Benefits: In addition to offering a competitive salary, Peoria offers a comprehensive benefit package to include the following:
• Major Medical, Dental and Vision
• Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Public Safety Retirement System (Sworn Police & Fire)
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Personal Leave
• Basic Life Insurance and Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
• Deferred Compensation Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Rio Vista Gym Membership
• Wellness Program
• Diversity Program
• Outdoor Walking/Running Trail
• Years of Service Recognition
• Partnership for Prevention Program
• Flex Spending Account
Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field such as horticulture, environmental sciences, natural resources, etc.
• Experience: Minimum of five years related experience. Requires a broad knowledge of contract administration, specialized practices, maintenance equipment, workflow systems and procedures.
• Licenses/Certifications/Special Requirements:
• Certified Arborist within 12 months of hire.
• Pesticide/Herbicide Applicators License within 6 months of hire
• Sustainable Landscape Management within 6 months of hire
• Valid Driver’s License upon hire.
• Three years supervisory experience
• Experience in a municipal or government setting
• Technical experience with geospatial information systems (GIS)
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ) or Certified Landscape Professional (ALCP)
Send, Fax or E-mail Resume to: Candidates may apply online at:
Leadership & Committees
Find a Tree Professional
You Tube Videos
THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL SPONSORS